Thursday 20 December 2012

HALF AN HOUR BIRDING!

Wednesday 19th December 2012.

At work today I was out and about visiting Clients dropping off Xmas goodies. On my way back to the office I thought that I would drop into Stubbers Green near Aldrige, Walsall , as its small pools are along side the main road and easily viewed. I was hoping for a Caspian Gull as I STILL need it for the year.

I set up my scope and started scaning through the 100+ Gulls gathered on the grass by the small pool. Plenty of Herring Gulls , Lesser Black Backed, 12 Great Black Gulls , Common & Black Headed Gulls, but no Caspian !

Had another scan just incase I had missed anything , then from behind a Herring Gull appeared a white winger , Iceland Gull , full Adult , NICE !

Sorry couldn't get a good photo.

Well that was well worth stopping for! With work calling I packed up and headed back to the office.

ATB - Olly Clam.

No comments:

Post a Comment