Wednesday 12 December 2012

WINTER BLUES

Sunday 9th December 2012

Yet another cold morning but the sun was out so I set out to have a look over Essington Quarry Pool as last week the Wildfoul numbers were very good

Parked up by the Pig Farm looking up at the wires overhead where it only seems five minuets since they had Swallows on them, I walked down past the orchard good numbers of  Blackbird , 33 counted , House Sparrows, 2 Mistle Thrush , but not a lot else very quiet.

On approaching the pool there was about 400+ Woodpigeon feeding on the field so I had a quick scan through, in amongst them was 12 Fieldfare, Carrion Crow, no Golden Plover ! 20 years ago we had large numbers of GP upto 1000 but how things change, never mind let's see whats on the pool.

Arse end view of Little Grebe.

What a change fro last week , bloody dead! 1 Mute Swan, 7 Little Grebe, 5 Tufted Duck and 49 Coot!
My only assumption is that the Wildfoul Shooters must have been up here blasting away ! C**Ts is all I can say about these people, unfortunately for us who watch this pool the owners are bloody shooters! , this would be a really good place to watch if it wasn't for the disturbance!

I continued to walk around the pool for another hour and had a single Buzzard, so I packed up and headed back home.

Angry Olly Clam!!  Keep the Faith - Clam On!!

No comments:

Post a Comment